Here's a horrifying story just in time for Halloween: in Tokyo, a patient farted during surgery, which ignited a fire that led to burns all over her body.
The incident happened back in April, but the Tokyo Medical University Hospital report was released on October 28 after experts determined there were no flammable materials present during the surgery. So how did it happen? Doctors were operating on the patient's cervix with a laser when she suddenly farted, igniting the laser and badly burning her lower body.
"When the patient's intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire," the report reads.
So, yep, the fire was caused entirely by the fart. No making any "talk about silent but deadly!" jokes, OK?
From: Esquire US