8 Extremely Awkward Things That Happened At The Oscars 2018
Special shout-out to Matthew McConaughey's mad tan.
BY anna lewis | Mar 5, 2018 | Film & TV
1. When a camera flash caused Ansel Elgort's girlfriend Violetta Komyshan to have a wardrobe malfunction.
2. When Daniel Kaluuya dealt with a red carpet interviewer suggesting Get Out was nominated for Best Picture as it "ticks a lot of boxes" and "raises important themes".
What an absolute legend #DanielKaluuya is.— Adam Lannon (@adamlannon) March 5, 2018
Sky Reporter: (Get Out) ticks a lot of boxes in some ways, it raises important themes.
DK: We’re not boxes though, articulating black experience isn’t a box, we’re articulating our truth, we’re human beings...#oscars #oscarsredcarpet
3. When host Jimmy Kimmel brought up last year's envelope-gate. He said: "This year when you hear your name called, don't get up right away. Just give us a minute. We don't want another 'thing'. Last year, about a week before the show the producers asked me if I wanted to do some comedy with the accountants and I said 'No, I don't want to do comedy with the accountants.' So then the accountants went ahead and did comedy on their own."
4. And when Jimmy joked about the All The Money In The World reshoots. He said: "What made it especially unfair was Mark and Michelle were represented by the same agency. This one shook me because if we can't trust agents… who can we trust? To his credit, Mark donated all USD1.5m to Time's Up legal fund. So I guess now the ball's in your court Michelle."
5. When Taraji P. Henson appeared to shade Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet. Ryan, who is facing allegations of sexual misconduct, was interviewing stars on this year’s red carpet for E! when he managed to pin the Hidden Figures actress down for a chat. While chatting to him, Taraji commented that, “The universe has a way of taking care of good people,” she said, as she touched him on the chin. “You know what I mean?”
Holy shit Taraji just put a curse on Ryan Seacrest 😂 pic.twitter.com/GSknn3NozF— Sara Jean Hughes (@sarajeanhughes) March 5, 2018
6. This hellish non-kiss
7. When Jimmy said that they wouldn't be cutting people's acceptance speeches short by playing music over them. But they totally did...
8. Matthew McConaughey's questionable tan.
From: Esquire UK