Man at His Best

James Bond Will Return... But Not Until 2018 At The Earliest

​The producers aren't giving up on Daniel Craig just yet.

BY Megan Davies | Jul 25, 2016 | Film & TV

We've been expecting you, Mr Bond... but it doesn't look like 007 will be back any time soon.

New reports have suggested that we won't be getting another James Bond instalment until at least 2018 as the producers want to have more time to work out their script and, apparently, convince Daniel Craig to return.

Talk about a cooling off period.

According to The Sun, Bond producer Barbara Broccoli doesn't want to be rushed into making another film and is planning to work on two other movies before jumping back into 007's world.

And if the prolonged wait gives Craig time to change his mind about playing the character, so much the better.

 

 

Following Spectre's release last year, Craig famously said that he'd rather 'slash his wrists' than do another Bond film, while his friend Mark Strong suggested in February that Craig had played the role for the last time.

His reps may have confirmed earlier this year that the actor hasn't quit the series, but with Craig pursuing non-007 roles in recent months, talk has already turned to who would make the best Bond replacement.

Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba and Kit Harington are all fan favourites for the part (although the actors themselves are harder to convince), while Jack Whitehall and Melissa McCarthy are both backing the idea of a female Bond to replace Craig.

The latest (and currently unconfirmed) rumours are that Craig turned down £68 million to return as James Bond for a fifth film.

The actor has previously said "I reserve the right to change my mind" when pressed about his future as Bond, so there's still every chance that he'll return to the franchise.

But, either way, it looks like we're in for a long wait until we find out.

 

From: Esquire UK


COMMENTS

MORE ON Man at His Best

Advertisement

MORE ON Man at His Best

Advertisement
Advertisement