iPhone 8 Design 'Leaked' As Rumours Of New Functions Grow
According to the latest tech leak
BY editors | Jun 5, 2017 | Technology
The iPhone 8 will arrive on the 10th anniversary of the original iPhone, meaning Apple will be going all out to reassert itself as the most pioneering and innovative smartphone company in the world after ceding some ground to its competitors in recent years.
So what can we expect this winter that will see fanboys camping out in Covent Garden and the rest of us calling up our service providers for the annual 'negotiate an upgrade' dance?
We're still firmly in the 'rumours' stage of course, with little in the way of official announcements from Apple itself. But one usually reliable Twitter source – OnLeaks – has what he claims to be some leaked visuals.
Beyond that let's round up the likely features, based on these photos and the predictions of assorted industry experts, shall we?
- No home button, with the screen going to the edges of the handset
- Duel camera on top of each other, not side by side
- An all white model, and glass panels in place of the aluminium back
- Wireless charging (finally!)
- Facial recognition
- OLED screen (resulting in improved display and better colour reproduction)
- A 'Thermos panel' on the back that can brew you a cup of coffee
OK we made one of those up.
From: Esquire UK